AIW-Alton, Inc. was founded as Alton Iron Works, Inc. in New York, N.Y. in February 1930 by Israel E. Hoffberg.

      Initially, the company fabricated structural steel for apartment buildings and fire escapes. In 1962, Israel's sons, William and Theodore, expanded into machining spare parts for the U.S. Government, the Panama Canal, and the Cities of New York and Philadelphia and expanded to Albertson, Long Island in 1963. After 15 more years of growth, Alton moved to its current location in Windsor, Connecticut. In 2001, after William's passing, Alton has successfully passed to a third generation of the family

      AIW-Alton has continued its advancement as a manufacturer of military and aerospace components with the ability to manufacture, test, finish and package to military specifications.

      The present generation of owners has continued on the path of improvement. AIW-Alton, Inc. is currently certified to ISO 9001:2000 and AS9100.